Sorry for the long hiatus! I hope your year has been going well so far! I've been keeping busy.. I finished the foundation of my December Daily 2010 album a couple of weeks ago, then I was waiting for pictures to be developed and to arrive. I've been working on that little by little, when I had time. So hopefully I will have those pages to share with you soon!
My sweet and talented friend Lisa Young awarded me with the Stylish Blogger Award! Thank you, Lisa! (I hope you forgive me for taking so long to do this!) I am supposed to tell you 8 things you might not know about me. Hmm.. let's see...
1. I am a "middle child" - I have two brothers, one older and one younger. I've always wanted a sister. :)
2. Instead of taking a cruise, I would MUCH rather backpack through Europe. Someday!
3. Nature provides some of the most comfort to me. There is not much better than sitting on a porch, listening to a steady rainfall.
4. I listen to all kinds of music, and consider it to be a big part of me. My favorite bands are Flyleaf, Evanescence, and Coheed & Cambria. I also enjoy a little Taylor Swift and Mindy Gledhill.
5. I secretly yearn to be a fashion designer. A friend and I discussed this at length at one point, and even talked of making it into a side business together. I'm not really an accomplished seamstress, although I am working on it. :)
6. Seth and I have been together for 9 years, less than a month from today. We met at our first real jobs, working at a grocery store.
7. I dream of owning a small-scale farm. I would love to have my own cows, chickens, and sheep, and a beautiful, old farmhouse.
8. I've never been a party-girl, and don't mind at all sitting at home, comfy, in my jammies. Yes, boring, I know. ;)
Ok, those are the things I can think of, off the top of my head! Here are 8 blogs that inspire me.. please take a moment to check them out, if you can. I wish I could list you all, because you all inspire me!
Lisa - Life in Flip-Flops
Susan - Susan's Little Scraps
Lora - The Squirrel Hole
Krystal - Krystal's Cards and More
Tanya - Tinkerin in Ink
Marian - Mustard Seed Creations
Donna - Funky Junk Interiors
Anne - The Maui Stamper
And I do have a card to show you! Fancy that, huh? hehe
I used Mojo Monday's sketch this week, and a new stamp set from the Occasions Mini Catalog. I love that set! To add a little interest to the strip of DSP (also from the Occasions Mini), I stamped across with one of the stamps in the same set in Crumb Cake ink. I'm also loving that new Framed Tulips embossing folder.. one of my favorite things to do is to actually emboss a separate piece of cardstock, and adhere it to the same color card base to create a tone-on-tone look. Subtle, but additional texture!
And hey.. it qualifies for the Valentine's Day challenge on the SUO Challenges blog! Awesome! :)
Ok, I must run. I'm off to crop for the day! Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have a wonderful day!
Espresso Amour card supplies:
Stamps: Clearly for You
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, and Soft Suede
Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, and Blushing Bride cardstock, First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Early Espresso Satin Ribbon, Chantilly Lace Trim, Early Espresso button (Neutrals Designer Buttons), 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Circles #2 Originals Die, Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Big Shot, vanilla thread