Monday, February 7, 2011

Memory Makers Magazine Blog Bounce - Who do you love?


Hello and welcome to the last stop on the Memory Makers Magazine Blog Bounce! I hope you have been enjoying all of the projects we have put together for you! I don't know about you, but I'm definitely feeling inspired!

You may have just come from Lisa Pace's blog - wasn't her tag gorgeous? If not, don't worry! You'll be able to find your way back around by going to the Memory Makers Magazine blog.

As part of a new feature, Memory Makers Magazine will be providing you with inspiration throughout the year with beautiful projects from talented crafters. Our theme this month is "Who do you love?". So in celebration of Valentine's Day, I created a 12" x 12" layout about the two loves of my life - my fiancé, Seth, and my Shih Tzu, Fluffy.



I love how it turned out! I had this picture of how I wanted my layout to look, and I am so happy that I was able to create my vision. :)

First, I stamped my tree and my strings of hearts onto my vanilla cardstock. The "grass" at the bottom was created by freehand cutting curves into cardstock with a rotary blade. I built my main section using a recent photo of me and my fiancé (which I altered in Photoshop.. how fun!) and a photo of the ever-beautiful Fluffy (who doesn't *need* any altering in Photoshop, hehe). I added a few fun trims - the rose ribbon in the middle is seam binding, which I gathered into a pretty little ruffle. A little sewing was added down at the bottom with my sewing machine and dark chocolate thread. The tag on the side was cut from the Sizzix Table Setting Bigz XL die, and slides underneath the main section.

At the top, I used the "frosting" from the Create-a-Cupcake punch for my clouds, embossing them with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder to give them a little texture. I inked the chipboard letters for my title with Old Olive Craft ink, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder to give it that fun shine. :) That's pretty much it!

Here are some close-up photos:




Your next stop is the Memory Makers Magazine blog... click HERE or the button below to hop on over. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I hope you have a fabulous day!



"These Two" 12" x 12" scrapbook page supplies:
All supplies used are by Stampin' Up!
Stamps:  Valentine Defined
Ink:  Early Espresso, Old Olive, and Soft Suede
Paper:  Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, and Old Olive cardstock, First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper
Accessories/Tools:  Victoria Lace Trim, Linen Thread, Very Vanilla and Rose Red Seam Binding Ribbon, Daffodil Delight Pom Pom Trim, Old Olive buttons (from the Brights set), Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder, Timeless Type Chipboard, Cutter Kit, Crop-a-dile, Create-a-Cupcake and Heart-to-Heart Punches, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder, Table Setting Bigz XL Die, Big Shot, sewing machine and thread

10 comments:

  1. LOVE the pics and LOVE the use of those stamps!!! Great LO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! As always you work is just so inspiring! Cute pic of you & Seth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this LO. Colors, the stamping, your clouds! I def think this one is my new favorite of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever using the icing punchout as clouds! Brilliant! Great job creating the landscape. I love how the string hearts invoke a feeling of love beneath the pics. All the trims and the hidden tag are just perfect. Another wonderful lo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that Fluffy and the hair styple, so cute and the pic of you and Seth, loving, great lo, love the clouds and the elegant and simplicity of it all at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun layout! So many fabulous touches! I love the "frosting" clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your layout! Thanks so much for your step-by-step instructions. I'm totally inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable!Everything about it is so cute.You did an excellent job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowzers!!!! Love this layout!!! You are one awesome stamper!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!