Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Botanical Thanks card

Hello!!

Just a quick post today - I have been meaning to share this card!  I actually created it as part of a contest entry [which arrived at its destination nearly two weeks after its expected delivery date... after winners were chosen!  Ahhh.. oh well!] and I think it's safe to share it now. :)


Not too complicated of a card, but just a lot of layers!  I used a lot of my favorite items from the Occasions Mini (which by the way, is ending April 30th!  Did you get the items you were wanting?).  The beautiful frame around the sentiment is part of the Four Frames stamp set, available through April 30th as a sneak peek item.. after that, you'll have to wait until July 1st! :)

I colored in the flowers and the bee's body with ink pads and a Blender Pen, and then created some shading using the same colored Stampin' Write markers.  I also stamped the bee onto vellum and cut it out, layering it on the other bee to add dimension and make the wings look more real.  Then I added a touch of sparkle using the Smooch Illuminate Top Coat.

Oh!  I noticed that I hit over 100 followers.. how awesome!  Thank you, everyone, for always stopping by and reading my blog!  Like I talked about before, I will have a giveaway to celebrate the occasion... look for more details on that soon!

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you have a fabulous day!

Botanical Thanks card supplies:
Stamps:  Nature Walk, Four Frames, Occasional Quotes
Ink:  Early Espresso, Old Olive, Rose Red, Not Quite Navy, More Mustard, Soft Suede
Paper:  Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, and Old Olive cardstock, Botanical Gazette Designer Series Paper, Vellum Paper
Accessories/Tools:  Rose Red Seam Binding Ribbon, Blender Pen, Smooch Illuminate Top Coat, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Decorative Label Punch, Lots of Labels Sizzlits die, Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Folder, Big Shot

12 comments:

  1. Wow! This is absolutely stunning! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making me drool!! Love this, Melissa!! My favorite colors, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That's all I've got, wow! Just beautiful!
    I love the detail you did on the bee and the tulip embossed border is just....oh wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just beautiful! I love the coloring you did and the colors you choose. I am still bummed for you over how long it took that package to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card! I love the colors you chose, they all just go together so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You so would have won that contest! This card is just gorgeous. I love all the layers and colors, but the best part is your border. Awesome card, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a gorgeous card! I also love these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just stunning. What a shame your package didn't arrive in time for you absolutely would have won. Once again, your bow is just perfect and that bee's wings are fantastic. What an amazingly great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card, love the bee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful, Melissa! I love the colours you used and that gorgeous ribbon really makes the card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. super cute!! i LOVE the colors and details of it!! :) great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh! How nice to know that that sentiment fits in one of the four frames stamps! TFS.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!