Wednesday, December 30, 2009

One more gift to show you!

Good morning!  I have one more thing to show you.  I made this as one of the gifts I gave my mom for Christmas.  I figured she could use a nice tear-off calendar, using a photo us kids had gotten taken last December.



I apparently did not have any number stamps or die-cuts thin enough to fit into the frame, so I used an electronic die-cutting machine to cut the numbers out of textured cardstock.  The holder is a 4x6" acrylic photo frame from a big-box store.  The calendar pad was made by printing calendar pages found online, then cutting them down to fit my space, and stacking.  Brads were inserted through the stack and the backing Chocolate Chip cardstock piece.  The calendar pad was then adhered to the surface of the photo frame with Sticky Strip.  My mom should be able to simply tear off the months as the year goes on.  The frame was so fun and easy to make!

Calendar supplies:  Whisper White cardstock; Baja Breeze (retired), Crushed Curry, Whisper White, and Chocolate Chip textured cardstock; Walk in the Park Designer Series Paper (retired); Vintage Brads; Whisper White organza ribbon; Eyelet Border punch; SU! exclusive Beautiful Wings Embosslits die; 4x6" acrylic frame

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!