Monday, March 8, 2010

Caught!

Hello!

This weekend I had been working on Brandi's Stampin' Addicts scrapbook challenge.  She worked up a lovely sketch for the challenge, and I just love working with sketches.  Sketches are especially awesome when you're trying to get back into scrapping, like me!  They make it a lot less overwhelming, at least for me it does.  Anyway, here's my page..


I love, love, love that sheet of Designer Series Paper with the butterflies from the Sweet Pea paper pad (psst.. there are actually two different colors of this design!).  I love girly things, and since I don't have a daughter yet.. well, I have a female furbaby, so why not use it for her pages?  I plan on buying at least a couple more Sweet Pea paper pads before the Occasions Mini ends!

I created the butterfly in the center using the "kissing" technique again, this time it's a little different because it's more like a faux marble effect.  I used the Butterfly Accent and Fine Flourish stamps again, inking them in So Saffron and Rose Red.  They were then "kissed", rotating one stamp slightly (I suppose about 45 degrees?).  The effect is so beautiful and so different.  On the journaling panel, I inked the dandelion stamp using the Rose Red and Old Olive markers.  The journaling reads:  "Fluffy always looks so sweet sleeping like this with her paws in the air.  I tried to secretly snap some photos and was CAUGHT!"  You have to know that she's such a character.  She sighs very often to let you know her discontent (like if you stop rubbing her belly), and this moment was no different.  It was like she was saying "I know I look so cute that you wanna take photos, Mom, but really??  I'm sleeping!!"  :)

Oh and those clouds?  Aren't they cute?  I cut them out of another one of the sheets in the Sweet Pea paper pad.  I also pleated the Old Olive satin ribbon under the title, which was cut using the Simple Letters Bigz dies.  I simply adore those dies, especially since you can cut both the chipboard and the cardstock and adhere them together.. no sanding at all!

Thanks for stopping by!

"Caught" 12x12 scrapbook page supplies:
Stamps:  A Happy Heart, Butterfly Accent, Fine Flourish
Ink:  So Saffron, Rose Red
Paper:  Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, So Saffron, Rose Red, Kraft, and Old Olive cardstock, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper pad
Accessories/Tools:  Rose Red and Old Olive Stampin' Write markers, Basic Black Stampin' Write Journaler, Simple Letters Bigz dies, Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, On Board Long Board chipboard, Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon, Old Olive 5/8" satin ribbon, Linen Thread, Chocolate Chip flower buttons and Pretty in Pink button from Button Latte and Sherbet Designer Buttons (respectively), Chocolate Chip corduroy brad, and Scallop Trim Corner and Border punches

5 comments:

  1. I love this LO. It's awesome! I'm def gonna have to try that "kissing" technique. Cute pooch too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww..some! Fluffy is so cute. You did a wonderful job on this LO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super CUTE layout!

    Please check out my NEW challenge blog and first ever Design Team Call! www.ppc-creations.blogspot.com

    -Megs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooo sweet! The pics are adorable and just love, love, love the pleated ribbon!
    Another spot-on, beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that Fluffy, what a cutie pie, and what a layout just for her, wonderful design, colors

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!