Sunday, March 21, 2010

An Engaging Hike scrapbook page

Happy Sunday!

I'm finally back, and with a scrapbook page!  Thanks for hanging in there with me.. I'm finally almost 100% better.  Still coughing and have a runny nose, but let me tell you how much better that is than what I had!

Anyway, I used a sketch posted on one of my favorite hangouts, the Memory Makers Magazine forum.  (Magazine went out, but the forum is still there!)  The sketch was found on the Stuck on Us Sketches blog.  Here's my layout:


I was so excited about the little flower embellishment I made!  hehe

I created it using these retired Canvas Cuts die-cuts (I think it was from a couple catalogs ago).  When I first saw them in the catalog, I had to have them, but of course didn't use them until now!  I used two of the die-cut flowers in the package, which actually coordinate perfectly with the Scallop Circle Punch (the Soft Suede layer).  Stamping was a dream on the canvas.. I used the Dot, Dot, Dot stamp on the larger one, and the vine stamp from Vintage Vogue on the smaller flower.  Finished it off with an Old Olive button tied with some Linen Thread.. such a cute flower, if I do say so myself.  :)

Do you recognize the paper on the right side?  It's Stampin' Up!'s (like all things I used), and it's actually from the Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper pad.  It's originally part of a full 12x12 sheet, so it has an Old Olive border around the shaped part.  I carefully cut out the shaped part, and used it as a layer on my page.  I also layered a retired rub-on from the Eastern Elegance pack over the photo, and stamped the flowers from Pocket Silhouettes stamp set on the side of the Taken with Teal DSP.  The heart on the top right is chipboard from the On Board Essentials pack, inked with Old Olive Craft ink and heat embossed with clear powder.

The journaling reads: "On our last day of vacation in Salt Lake City, we decided to hike nearby.  When we reached the top of Ensign Peak, Seth proposed!"  -  yes, this is where Seth proposed to me.  :)  We went hiking on our last day there, in Ensign Nature Park.  At the top of one of the small mountains, Seth proposed!

If you look at my scrapbook pages, I guess 2010 might be known as "the year Melissa got her Scallop Trim Border punch"!  LOL

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you've been having a good weekend!

An Engaging Hike 12x12" scrapbook page supplies:
Stamps:  Vintage Vogue, Pocket Silhouettes, Things I Love, Whimsical Words, and Dot, Dot, Dot
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Taken with Teal, So Saffron, and Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Pads, Old Olive Craft Stampin' Pad
Paper:  Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Soft Suede, and So Saffron cardstock, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper pad
Accessories/Tools:  Canvas Cuts (retired), Eastern Elegance rub-ons (retired), Signo White Gel Pen, Simple Letters Bigz dies, Old Olive 5/8" satin ribbon, On Board Long Board and Essentials chipboard, Old Olive button from Playground Designer Buttons, Linen Thread, Clear Embossing Powder, and Scallop Trim Border, Scallop Circle, and 1-3/8" Circle punches

7 comments:

  1. Love this layout!! It has all the elements I love on a scrapbook page. (Especially love that it's all SU!) Really makes me want to start scrapping again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. I wondered about the title. Now that is creative!! This is a beautiful LO, Melissa. I love those colors. And the picture is so good of you two. What a great moment to document. You did a great job. Love the flower, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, being sick certainly didn't harm your scrapping ability. What a great lo. Clever title and all! Your choice of colors is great and that flower is adorable. Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're feeling better, Melissa! Love the layout, it's very clean and pretty. Great shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh - I love the way the flower and the border interact... looks like the flower has rolled over to the side and left "footprints." Super LO! It's cool to see the full photo of you and sweety.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. what a fun layout. Glad you are feeling better. We went through that nasty cold twice! This week is the first week no one is coughing!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!