Sunday, October 25, 2009

Simple Christmas Card

Happy Sunday! 

I always procrastinate big time when it comes to making my personal Christmas cards, then I ended up not even sending any because it was too late!  Well, this year will be different.  I have only made one so far, and I'm not sure if this is the design I want to use.  It's definitely simple and easy to duplicate.  Then I always have the problem of wanting to send everyone "unique" cards... so we'll see.

I'd been wanting the Tree Trimmings stamp set (#116722, page 28) since I first eyed it in the catalog.  I finally bought it, and just had to try it out!  So without further ado, here's the card!


Supplies:  Tree Trimmings and Four the Holidays stamp sets; Real Red and Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Pads; Kraft, Chocolate chip, and Very Vanilla cardstock; Champagne Mist shimmer paint; Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker, color spritzer, Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponges, sponge dauber

I love using the Stamp-a-ma-jig (SAMJ) for perfect placement!  I rarely stamp without it.  I also love the look that the color spritzer gives you, especially when you want to soften up vanilla or white cardstock.  The ornament on the far left was first inked up with Real Red Classic ink, then Champagne Mist was applied on top of the red ink on the stamp with a sponge.

A little tip:  Stampin' Sponges are pretty cheap at $3.50 US, and one pack of three goes a LONG way.  Simply take a sponge and snip it using scissors such as our Craft & Rubber Scissors, easy peasy!  You can easily get 12 wedges out of each sponge, probably even more depending on how narrow your wedges are.  You can even wash them if you'd like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!