Friday, December 10, 2010

My inspiration board, at the moment

Ah... look at my pretty little board of love from friends.  :)


I think I need a bigger board!

I was trying to think of a way to display items made by my scrappy friends on my board, without damaging them.  I suddenly had this idea last night, and promptly climbed onto my desk to recreate my vision... haha!

I had these little clothespins for quite a while, as I wanted to some day make an organizer like a Clip It Up... I also already had the twine, and some old push pins.  Not sure if I like the push pins the way they are.. I might cover the heads with fabric... yes, that sounds like a good idea!

(The last ATC there was one I had made for a local swap...)

9 comments:

  1. This is a great board and I like the "laundry line" of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, Melissa!! How creative...again!! You just never stop, girl1!!

    Love seeing everyone's creative juices. Nice to be able to look up, see such pretties and remember your friends all at the same time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great! I love my board! It's not as neat and uniform looking as yours is...nor am I! haha!!
    That was one thing I wanted to keep from doing was damaging what was sent... even though I used the push pins, I didn't push them through the items.. and I really like the idea of covering the push pin heads... you want to do mine too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for playing along with the Webster's Pages Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, your board is truly inspiring. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly beautiful. I need a board. I just use a wall! Thanks for sharing the talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those little clothesline pins! I have some that are small, but I don't think that small. When I used to carry cards around to SU! workshops, I used 2 pieces of white plastic garden trellis that I put hinges on so that it could stand on it's own and fold shut like a card in a similar manner. I hung fishing line from one side to the other and used my clothespins to hold the cards and scrapbook pages on it. It made for an easily portable display stand. I might have to borrow your idea for an inspiration board though in my own home. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea Melissa! Thanks for sharing!! :) Thanks so much for stopping by A Bead A Day blog! It was perfect timing...I am getting ready to learn more about scrapbooking/paper craft art. :)Love these little "coincidences"!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!