Friday, December 3, 2010

The start of my December Daily album

Hi!

I really wanted to start this year with doing a December Daily album, inspired by Ali Edwards.  For those of you who don't know, December Daily is an album that documents the days leading up to Christmas, December 25th.  Well, some people do the whole month of December, or even just as a "12 Days of Christmas"-type of album, but you get the point.  I've been working on getting my album ready.

It took me a while to really get started, for several reasons... one being that I wanted to use a lot of my stash.  You may or may not know that my blog contains only projects using 100% Stampin' Up! products (well, whenever possible.. with the exception of things that SU! doesn't sell, like an acrylic picture frame or something).  I think I have finally convinced myself that it's ok to let myself even use non-SU! items in my December Daily.  Now, that's not to say that I will start posting a bunch of projects with non-SU! items... I'm just allowing myself to do so for my December Daily, since I consider it more of a personal project than most things.  If this disappoints you, I hope you understand.  :)  I anticipate that my album will, however, probably contain at least 90% SU! products.. just because that's mostly what I have and love!

For that reason, and the fact that a lot of the items I might use are retired SU! products, I won't be posting a detailed list of supplies for my December Daily album (but still will of course, for my other projects).  If you want to know what I use, though, feel free to shoot me an email!

I also kind of felt that at this stage in our lives, that maybe it wasn't "worth" doing a December Daily.. after all, we don't have children yet.  It's something that I tend to struggle with in scrapbooking, too, but I think I am getting better at not feeling that way.  But really, this part of our lives is important too, right?  Has anyone else ever felt like that at some point?

I've never taken on a project quite like this, but we'll see how this goes, eh?  :)

Thanks for reading through that, or at least skimming!  Here is part of what I've done so far... mind you, I haven't been printing pictures and adding them yet, and I will be adding more embellishments and journaling to the pages as I add pictures.

My album is 6" x 8".  Here's my cover, which is chipboard, trimmed down from a mini album piece I had in my stash.  You can't really see from the photo, but the letters and numbers are glittered.


Here are the next two pages: the inside of the front cover and my title page.  I like how Ali created her title page, so I based mine off of hers.  She is planning on putting a filmstrip of photos from the month in the blank space.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the inside of the front cover yet, though.


And here's the 2-page spread for Dec. 1st:


Well, thanks for stopping by!  I need to get back to work on things on my to-do list. :)  Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Melissa, I love your album so far!!! You have such a classy style, I always enjoy seeing your work. I'm so glad that you are doing the December Daily too! I totally understand the thing about not having kids yet. This is an important time of you life too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Daily is fabulous and being another couple who doesn't have children, I get the whole not have kids thing, especially around the holidays. This is just as an important time in your life as any other time, so it is a good thing you are documenting it. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a neat idea! I'm a follower now and I hope you choose to do so for more mutual blog visits!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!