Friday, October 9, 2009

Shimmery Thank You

Hello!  I've decided to get back into the blogging world, and share my crafts with you all.  What better way to start, than with one of my favorite cards?



This is a card I made using one of our beautiful new shimmer paints, available in the Holiday Mini 2009 catalog.  Isn't it such a pretty and elegant look?  And so easy to do!  I simply stamped the Medallion stamp using Versamark on Rich Razzleberry card stock, then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Next, I used one of our handy sponge daubers to pick up a little of the paint from the lid after shaking the bottle, and swiped it across the card stock.  The embossed image will "resist" the shimmer paint, so you retain the bold white image.  On this one, I used the Champagne Mist shimmer paint.  It's such a gorgeous color, and I especially love that it's sheer.. so whatever color you use it with, that color will shine through!  Also available are Frost White and Platinum shimmer paints - the Frost White is a little more opaque than the Champagne Mist, but boy, does it shimmer!  You will also be able to see the color of your cardstock through this one, just not as clearly as with Champagne Mist.  I do not have the Platinum one yet (it's arriving on Monday!). 

Shimmery Thank You card:  Medallion and Fresh Cuts stamp sets; Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Soft Suede, and Kraft card stocks, Versamark ink, white embossing powder, scallop oval punch, eyelet border punch, Whisper White organza ribbon

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card!!! Thanks for stomping by my blog today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Stunning card! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today for the Paper Popsicles Blog Stomp! I hope you had a great time! We also have a FANTASTIC message board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the best cards I have seen using the shimmer paint - and you explained how to do it! Terrific - thanks too for hopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!