Wednesday, November 11, 2009

FS136 - Great Friend card

Hi!  Here's a card I did a little while ago, and am just getting around to sharing.  I made this for Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper challenge #136 (FS136).  Featured Stamper challenges have you CASE a card in the featured stamper's gallery, changing two or more things on the card.  So here's my card...


Lots of times these Featured Stamper challenges are hard for me, because I'm a big SUO girl (Stampin' Up! Only.. by choice!), and a lot of them use non-Stampin' Up! images and other products.  Here's the original card, by Shannan Teubner (steubner on SCS).  Changes I made: used all Stampin' Up! products, used the leaf/stem image from Great Friend on the acetate sheet, and used the sentiment from Great Friend as well.  I also used textured Whisper White cardstock to give it more weight as a base (and I just love our textured cardstock).  What do you think?  The circle was pretty easy to cut out with our Circle Scissors Plus, and stamping on it with StazOn was a lot easier than I thought!  Our Window Sheets are great - they come as 12x12" sheets, with 2 to a pack.  The medium weight Window Sheets are 7 mil thick, and the thick Window Sheets are 20 mil thick.  The thick ones are great for making clear pillow boxes and other containers, very gorgeous.  Stampin' Up! also offers printed window sheets, which are what I'm planning on trying next!  All are great with our punches, Big Shot dies, or you can cut them with the Circle Scissors or our Craft & Rubber Scissors.

Great Friend card (FS136):  Great Friend stamp set; Jet Black and White StazOn; Whisper White textured cardstock; Basic Black, Kraft, Melon Mambo, and Old Olive cardstock; Medium Window Sheets; Vintage Brads; Scallop Edge punch; Mat Pack; Paper Piercing Tool

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!