Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fox & Friends Small Wonder card

Hi again!

At one of my favorite hangouts, the Memory Makers magazine forum, we've started a weekly sketch challenge.  The first one was actually last week, but I didn't get a chance to create a layout or card with that sketch.  I love the sketch this week.. it's so versatile and I can see many different ways of using it.  I don't have any pictures printed out though that I wanted to use, so I challenged myself to create a card using the sketch.

Here's the sketch.. it's from Pencil Lines.  I discovered that it's sketch #166 (might I say that they do have some fantastic sketches there!  I've never been there before).



And here's my card!



The stamp set is soo cute!  It's the new Fox & Friends set from the Occasions Mini.  The set contains 4 other cuties - a lion, a turtle, an owl, and a whale.  As soon as I saw the set in the catalog, I knew I had to have it!  :)

I created the circle in the top right corner by first punching a 1-3/8" circle out of Old Olive cardstock, then lining up the 1-3/4" Circle punch up to create an outline.  The Slit punch made a perfect opening for the Whisper White satin ribbon to slip through.  And that Designer Series Paper in the back?  It's from the gorgeous new Sweet Pea 12x12" Designer Series Paper pad.  There are fabulous papers in this pack for both masculine and feminine projects!

Small Wonder card:  Fox & Friends and Whimsical Words (SAB freebie) stamp sets; Dusty Durango, Chocolate Chip and So Saffron Classic Stampin' Pads; Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, Old Olive, and Taken with Teal cardstock; Sweet Pea 12x12" Designer Series Paper pad; Whisper White Jumbo Grommet (Designer Hardware); Whisper White satin ribbon; Star Designer Brads; 1-3/8" Circle punch; 1-3/4" Circle punch, Slit punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!