Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happiness Always

Hi!

Today's card uses a color combo I wouldn't normally have picked myself, but I think it looks fabulous!  Arielle's colourQ challenge this week uses the colors Real Red, Bashful Blue, Taken with Teal, Basic Black, and Whisper White.  Quite a striking combo!  I needed a little help with the layout today, so I used this week's sketch challenge at SCS.

Here's my card...



I just love that cute little whale!  I used my Taken with Teal, Bashful Blue and Real Red markers to make him multi-colored.  I free-hand cut the waves out of Bashful Blue cardstock.  The sentiment stamp was also colored with markers - Taken with Teal and Basic Black.

Catch you later!  :)

Happiness Always Whale card:  Fox & Friends and Whimsical Words stamp sets; Taken with Teal, Real Red, Basic Black, Bashful Blue, and Whisper White cardstock; Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper pad; Taken with Teal, Real Red, Bashful Blue, and Basic Black Stampin' Write markers; Bashful Blue button from the Sherbet Designer Buttons; Linen Thread; Real Red polka-dot grosgrain ribbon

12 comments:

  1. Oh my - this is SO STINKIN' CUTE!!! You did such a beautiful job, Melissa! Thanks so much for playing at the colourQ this week! I always love poking around your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I check out your blog, the first thing I always say is "awwwwwwwe". But this one is especially cute! Love that little heart that the whale is spouting! You work is always excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't have combined these colors either but you did it so wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Love the simple design and the "pop" of the Real Red ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these colors together and the card is so cute. That red ribbon is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really Cute. I think Arielle choose the right colors. They are so shiny !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That stamp is really cute, but what I love the most about your card is how you have two strong patterns in there, the spots and the check, that work so well together. It's a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Melissa - you're the colourQueen this week! CONGRATULATIONS, your card is so adorable! Sorry I was so late revealing you as the winner, it's been a rough week! Feel free to grab the badge & I'll be getting with you in a few weeks about being a guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card!! congrats on winning!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. VERY cute, and congrats on the win!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!