Friday, January 22, 2010

Stamping411 Color Inspiration 107 - Butterfly Congrats

Good morning!

Today's card was created with inspiration from this week's color combo at Stamping 411.  Here are the colors:




I kept playing around with my design for a while, and eventually ended up with a fairly clean and simple layout.  Sometimes those are the best!




I love the new Beautiful Wings Embosslits die.  The die cuts and embosses 5 gorgeous butterflies with one pass through the Big Shot, so it was fabulously easy to cut a bunch in different colors!

Butterfly Congrats card:  Well Scripted stamp set; Close to Cocoa Classic Stampin' Pad; Apricot Appeal, Close to Cocoa, Bermuda Bay, and Whisper White cardstock; Welcome Neighbor Designer Series Paper (SAB freebie); Pumpkin Pie corduroy button; Linen Thread, Whisper White organza ribbon; Scallop Trim Border punch (SAB freebie); Beautiful Wings Embosslits die

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, with beautiful colors. You have the best card examples. I'm still struggling with cards, but you are def my go to for good examples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, once again, just lovely. Love that corduroy button!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! I just got my embosslit yesterday and was playing with it this morning. I would have never thought to layer that teeny tiny one on another one! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love color inspirations. That's a neat die cut. Turns out nice butterflies.
    Great card!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO pretty! I love that embosslit too...I especially like the way you layered the tiny butterfly. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!