Friday, May 28, 2010

Kraft Birthday

Good morning and happy Friday!

For today's card I decided to try out a look I had seen on a few cards and actually on a 8-1/2" x 11" scrapbook layout in a magazine.  I felt that this week's sketch challenge at Stampin' Addicts went perfectly with the look I was going for:


It also went with Stampin' Celebration's fun inspiration challenge!


Mmmm, doesn't that cherry pie just look delicious?  These colors really spoke to me!  I only wish that I had the Wild West Alphabet!  Now I'm itching for a cook-out! :)

Ok, now here's my card...


What do you think of the border punch background look?  I simply punched strips of Kraft cardstock with three different border punches, then adhered it onto my Kraft card base.  I added a strip of Crushed Curry for a pop of extra color.  Love how this turned out!

Don't forget that you can get a free pack of Designer Brads when you order select stamp sets.. the Circle Circus set I used here is one of them!  The Filigree Designer Brads are one of the four free choices as well.

If you're finding yourself with some crafty time this weekend, check out both of the challenges!

Have a wonderful day!

Kraft Birthday card:
Stamps:  On Your Birthday, Circle Circus
Ink:  Soft Suede and Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pads
Paper:  Kraft, Riding Hood Red (available July 1st), Old Olive, Crushed Curry (retiring), Soft Suede, and Naturals White cardstock
Accessories/Tools:  Filigree Designer Brads, Soft Suede 1/2" Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, and Scallop Trim Border, Scallop Trim Corner, Eyelet Border, Pinking Hearts Border, 1" Circle, 1-1/4" Circle, and 1-3/8" Circle Punches

9 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Melissa! I love that border punch background. What a lot of fun textures. And the designer brads are perfect for this sketch. Awesome job on both challenges. Thanks so much for playing along at the SCIC!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love the border punch! I think it gives a great look. Great job with the color pallet. And love the bow. I am a bow lover even though I don't use many on my LO's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent idea on the border punching, Melissa. I just have to remember that and try it. What a great way to use all of my border punches at the same time. Great looking card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's totally cool, the layered tone on tone different border punches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cool! The borders are so crisp (I wish). Also love this sketch and you did a fantastic card with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Border Punch background is SO cool! What a fun idea! Your card is adorable and I'm so glad you played along with us at the SCIC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super cool background! Great idea, and it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome is this! You always not only amaze me but make me so jealous!
    Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to create the border punch background! I love how you used the filigree brads too. Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Celebration. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!