Friday, October 22, 2010

Sweet and Shabby Fabric card

Happy Friday!

I tried something new this week - ripping fabric!  I tore a strip of our gorgeous Deck the Halls Designer Fabric... and I have to say, it felt almost liberating!  LOL

Here's my card...


Wow!  I love the impact of the big, shabby bow, don't you?  And it was so easy to create!  The strip was torn lengthwise along the fabric, and is approximately 1" wide.  I folded my length of fabric in half, and actually snipped about 1" into both layers of the fabric ends, then held the layers together as I tore the strip.  Hope that makes sense!  I feel that helped me in trying to keep the width even throughout the strip.  Then I just tied a nice, big bow and attached an Antique Brad to the center.  I folded the ends of the bow in half and snipped at an angle to create a "V" shape, then roughed up the edges a little by pulling some fibers from the fabric.

I did a little bit of collage stamping for my focal piece, and stitched around the perimeter.  (You can tell which stamp sets are my current favorites, right?  Just checking!)  And of course, I felt that the rhinestones added the perfect touch of bling!  The embossing in the background stands out nicely with the help of Soft Suede ink sponged over it.

So there's another project created using the fabric for something other than Christmas!  I tell you, I'm going to have to buy a few more packages of it... I'm scared to run out; it's so beautiful and versatile!

On another note... I have to share that I am the lucky winner of Donna's Funky Junk giveaway!  YAY!  I can't wait to put the items to use!  Thank you again to Donna!

And thanks for stopping by!  Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Sweet and Shabby Fabric card supplies:
Stamps:  French Foliage, Notably Ornate, Artistic Etchings
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, and Soft Suede Classic ink
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla and Pink Pirouette cardstock
Accessories/Tools:  Deck the Halls Designer Fabric, Antique Brad, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Cutter Kit, Stampin' Sponge, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Folder, Big Shot, sewing machine and thread

8 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE the fabric bow!! It really makes the card just perfect!!! And the colors are great!!

    Congrats on your win. Waiting to see what you create with your win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your win over at Donna's junk haunt!

    Your card is simply gorgeous! Going to read some more!

    Nice to meet you!!!

    ~Kolein

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is pure Gorgeous-ness! I love everything about it: the Colors, the Bow, the Bling...they're perfect together. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so nice! Thanks for visiting my blog...am following you now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know where to start commenting; on the bow, the embossing, the sewing...it's all just so beautiful. I don't know how many times I can say "Stunning!" when referring to your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the win! How exciting!
    Your card is just amazing! There are no words. I always think I have a favorite of yours, that is until your next project is posted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! This is really amazing, Melissa!!! The ribbom is fabulos! And the stamp!.. PERFECT!!!
    Oh, Paris, Paris!.. Mon amour... :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!