Sunday, January 24, 2010

Follow your heart...

Hi!  I hope you are having a great weekend!

For this card, I was inspired by my friend Sharon's color challenge this week at Stampin' Addicts, as well as this week's Saturday Sketch Challenge at Stamping 411...



The I {Heart} Hearts stamp set is wonderful for more than just Valentine's Day, and more than just for saying "I love you".  Plus, when you purchase this set from your demonstrator through February 28, 2010, Stampin' Up! will donate $2 to the American Red Cross' Haiti Relief and Development Fund.  It's one of my favorite sets, so if you don't have it.. what are you waiting for??  :)

I love using all of these hearts in the set together.. it creates such a whimsical yet connected look.  The Kraft heart was simply punched out using the Full Heart punch, then stamped with VersaMark using the flower vine from the Vintage Vogue set.  I created the panel on the left by punching the Scallop Trim border, then scoring the edge and folding it over, tucking the Designer Series Paper inside.  This has to be my new favorite border punch!

Follow Your Heart card:  I {Heart} Hearts, Vintage Vogue and Whimsical Words (SAB freebie) stamp sets; Melon Mambo, Old Olive and Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Pads; VersaMark ink; Kraft, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, and Crushed Curry cardstock; Welcome Neighbor Designer Series Paper pad (SAB freebie); Whisper White taffeta ribbon; Full Heart punch; Scallop Trim Border punch (SAB freebie); Filigree Designer Brads

10 comments:

  1. This is a new twist you've created with the border punch. Love this idea and all the elements and colors you've used. It totally works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how pretty. I love that scallop punch and must have it! Now!!! Great job, Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you chose, and the way you overlapped the hearts! I also like the placement of your filigree brad! Great use of the sketch.. beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great that the patterned paper peeks through the Scallop Trim border punch. I am going to have to play with that!!!!

    So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your card - great colors, great composition, clean and simple but so fun too! Nice idea with the border punch too! Into the case file this one goes!
    Thanks for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what great colors and I just love that stamp set!! great job!! thanks for playing along with us over at stamping 411!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melissa -- this is just beautiful and such fine attention to detail! You did a great job with our sketch challenge this week. Thank you for playing along and we hope you'll join the Stamping 411 Operators for another challenge soon! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  8. The border punch looks great that way and I love the look of the kraft in your design - fresh and original!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!