Monday, January 25, 2010

Mojo and Inspiration - Owl Birthday

Happy Monday!

Can you believe January's almost over?  Time just seems to slip away, much too quickly.  I have a card to show you!  My friend Marie started an inspiration challenge over at her blog, From Boots to Stamps.  Here is her source of inspiration, from the Behr paint website:



I am a huge earthy colors girl.  I want this room!  Even though it uses such a bold color (which looks to me like Dusty Durango, by the way), it seems like the perfect place to relax.  I just love all of the patterns here!  I also used this week's Mojo Monday sketch for my card.



You can see that I pulled inspiration from the colors in the picture, and I am so in love with those pillows!  I used a stamp from the Circle Circus stamp set and heat-embossed it with White Embossing Powder to re-create the pattern.  I also heat-embossed the Chocolate Chip panel with the Sweet Swirls wheel.  The finished card measures 5-1/4" square, a perfect fit for our Medium Square Envelopes.

I invite you to play along!  Please visit Marie's blog and check out the other creations on Stampin' Addicts as well!

Owl Birthday card:  Fox & Friends, Whimsical Words (SAB freebie) and Circle Circus stamp sets; Dusty Durango and Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Pads; VersaMark ink; Kraft, Dusty Durango, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry, and Old Olive cardstock; Vellum cardstock; Playground Designer Buttons; Button Latte; Vintage Brads; Old Olive 1/4" grosgrain ribbon; Little Leaves Sizzlits die; Sweet Swirls wheel; White embossing powder

6 comments:

  1. Oh, this is such a beautiful card, great colors, love the background detail. Will have to check out the challenge and Marie's blog.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those colors, I'm an owl freak, BTW! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! There are so many neat things going on in your card that all go really well together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Melissa! You've pulled together all the elements so beautifully and that sweet swirl design really is sweeeeeet!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!