Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Butterfly Fields

Good evening!

My friend Marie has another inspiration challenge up on her blog.  Here is her source of inspiration this week (from this site):


There is also a new Saturday Sketch Challenge over at Stamping 411, which I used in creating my card...


I was inspired by the colors in the photo, and they just felt like spring/summer to me.. so thus, my theme.  :)

My panel was a little too tall, so I overlapped the ribbon a bit.  I stamped the grass image from Inspired by Nature in two different colors - Certainly Celery and Garden Green.  I added some flowers in Rose Red and Pumpkin Pie from the Flight of the Butterfly set, which is also where the sentiment and butterfly comes from.  The butterfly is actually two stamps - the filled-in part, and the polka dots are separate stamps.  After inking up the filled-in stamp in Melon Mambo, I stamped off on scratch paper before stamping on my cardstock.  The polka dots were stamped normally with Melon Mambo.  To add more interest, I tied a corduroy button around the bow after tying.

Thanks for visiting!  I'm off to finish off my circle journal sign-in pages.  Please stop on by Marie's blog if you get a chance.. she'd love for you to play along!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Flight of the Butterfly, Inspired by Nature
Ink:  Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, Garden Green, Certainly Celery, Melon Mambo
Paper:  Soft Suede, Kraft, Tempting Turquoise, and Whisper White cardstock
Accessories/Tools:  Whisper White satin ribbon, Pumpkin Pie corduroy button, Linen Thread, Scallop Trim Border and Corner punches

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - I love the colors you used with the Soft Suede cardstock, so striking!
    Thanks for playing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute for words. I love the fresh clean feel of it ...so-so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wowzah! I love the colors, this really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your color inspiration! What really makes it stand out is the background colors you chose for base card. So effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card! Thanks for playing along with Stamping 411 this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've shown just how easy it is to use Soft Suede as a neutral. Your card is beautiful!!! I love the vibrant colors...especially on this cold winter day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Melissa -- there is so much eye candy in this card. Your attention to detail is amazing and it is a beautiful card! Great job with this week's sketch. Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411 Operators! We hope you'll be back soon! Blessings, Gretchen -- www.gretchenbarron.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME!!! I love everything about it!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Stamping 411!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Melissa! I hope you don't mind that I cased this beauty even though mine doesn't come close to how pretty yours is.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!