Sunday, February 7, 2010

Thank You Squares

Hi!

I decided to play along again with this week's Featured Stamper challenge.  Ilina Crouse's work is featured this week.  I was inspired by this card:


I loved the layout of this, and the whimsical line drawn across with the sentiment.  Here's my take on it:


I changed the base card color, the Designer Series Paper used for the squares, color scheme.. well, I changed a lot, and kept the basic layout and the doodling line across the center.  :)

After stamping the sentiment, I also stamped a flower from the same set to mimic the heart from the original card.  I drew in the "stitched" lines with my Taken with Teal marker.  Various squares were cut from the Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper pad and adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.  Paper from the same collection was also punched and adhered along the bottom.  I just love the clean look of the card!

I'll have my circle journal pages up tomorrow.. I have to re-develop a couple of photos, as they were messed up and I didn't look at them before leaving.. stay tuned!

Thank You Squares:
Stamps:  Short & Sweet
Ink:  Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Pad
Paper:  Whisper White cardstock, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper pad
Accessories/Tools:  Rose Red 1" double-stitched grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Trim Border punch, Taken with Teal, Old Olive and So Saffron Stampin' Write markers

2 comments:

  1. ahhhh, this is so pretty, great color scheme, you always pick all my favorite colors
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You either need to send me that punch already or stop using it!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!