Saturday, February 20, 2010

Stampin' Addicts Birthday Blog Hop!



Hello, and welcome to the Stampin' Addicts Birthday Blog Hop!  This weekend we will be celebrating Stampin' Addicts' first birthday by showcasing birthday-themed projects.  Stampin' Addicts is a free website dedicated to supporting Stampin' Up! stampers and demonstrators alike. Our motto is "Positively Creative! Positively Stampin' Up!"  If you have not been to Stampin' Addicts, you should check them out as soon as you finish the Birthday Blog Hop!  And be sure to give me a shout-out (known as "Melissa" on SA) - I'd love to see you there!  This weekend Stampin' Addicts is also having a STAMP JAM, with Challenges, Stampin' and lots of Inspiration!

If you have been following the hop in order, you probably just came from Dawnmarie's blog, where she showed you a lovely gift ensemble suitable for females.  Didn't you just love her projects?  They're so gorgeous, I'd love to receive them as a gift myself!  If this is your first stop, don't worry... the blogs are linked in a full circle, so you can find your way around!

I am featuring cupcakes in my projects!  I just love cupcakes.. somehow they just appeal to me more than cakes (although I love cakes too!).  Maybe because they're so cute!

Here is my first project, a card inspired by ColourQ's color and Mojo Monday's sketch challenges this week:


I love the colors, they're so bright and cheery!  Perfect for a birthday card, and particularly a masculine one!  To reinforce that masculinity, I added a little Pewter Mini Library Clip on the side. ;)  I also created a matching envelope by using the coordinating Cupcakes wheel.

My next project is a little treat holder using the Simple Birthday Thanks stamp.  As soon as I saw this stamp in the catalog, I knew I had to have it!


This little cutie would be fantastic as a party favor, a treat holder for a gift, or really anything you want!  There is a little box in between the cupcakes to hold the goodies, and Jumbo Eyelets hold the ribbon in place for a handle.  It is a little hard to tell from the picture, but the sprinkles sparkle with the help of a little Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (which is still available to order through your demonstrator, by the way).

And finally, I have a cute little cupcake holder box.. yes, to hold an actual cupcake!  :)


I made a top for it out of our window sheets, but apparently left it out of the photo.  There is also an insert that holds the cupcake securely in place.  Check back on Wednesday for a view of those and more info on this and my other projects!

Now, I have a special little treat for you!  Leave a comment below telling me what your favorite birthday treat is, and I'll put you in my drawing for a package of the new Chocolate Chip Epoxy Brads from the Occasions Mini!  Come back on Wednesday (February 24th) to see if you've won, as well as to check out how I created my projects above.

Your next stop is Marie's blog, where she has fabulous birthday ideas for a little girl.  I just love all of her projects, especially the first one!  Enjoy the hop, and thanks for stopping by!

--------
Recipes:


Cupcake Celebration card:
Stamps:  Crazy for Cupcakes
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, YoYo Yellow, Real Red and Tempting Turquoise Classic Stampin' Pads
Paper:  Kraft, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White, Real Red, and YoYo Yellow cardstock, Pink Flamingo Designer Series Paper
Accessories/Tools:  Real Red, Tempting Turquoise and Brilliant Blue Stampin' Write markers, Blender Pen, Whisper White satin ribbon, Linen Thread, Pewter Mini Library Clip, Cupcakes wheel, and Scallop Trim Border, 1" Circle and 1-1/4" Circle punches

Cupcake treat holder:
Stamps:  Simple Birthday Thanks
Ink:  Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Pad
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Old Olive and Real Red cardstock, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper pad
Accessories/Tools:  Old Olive and Regal Rose Stampin' Write markers, Real Red polka-dot grosgrain ribbon, Chocolate Chip 1-1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Pewter Jumbo Eyelets, Crop-a-dile

Cupcake holder box:
Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Pad
Paper:  Kraft, Whisper White and Pretty in Pink cardstock, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper pad
Accessories/Tools:  Whisper White satin ribbon, So Saffron Flower Designer Brad, Scallop Envelope Bigz die, Modern Label and Word Window punches

45 comments:

  1. Love your projects, Melissa!! That little cupcake treat holder is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness theses are completely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone that knows me knows that cupcakes are my weakness.. so I am really loving those projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The treat holder is precious -- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling projects Melissa!! Love the cupcake treat tote. Now I'm inspired to go make one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is a cute as well, a cupcake!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love each of these, I can't even pick a favorite! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Melissa these are all so great. You just have such a fun style.

    I have to say my fav bday treat is plain ol Vanilla Ice Cream. Im not a cake fan at all. Boring I know but it just can't be beat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your little cupcake treat! My fav BD treat is Cherry Supreme Cake with 7-Minute Frosting. Mom was never surprised that I asked for it year after year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your projects are adorable--love the simple thanks cupcake box--I'm going to have to buy it now! =-) My favorite birthday treat is angel food cake with whipped cream and strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  11. While I really love your cupcake box (and the cupcake in it), my favorite is the treat holder!! Fantastic use of that stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeousness, Melissa! That cupcake box RULES!! TFS!

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoyed your projects. At my age (63) my favorite treat is waking up & starting another year. And there are no calories!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome projects - I particularly loved the cupcake box! My favorite birthday treat is either cherry cheesecake or apple pie....never been much of a fan of cake. Weird, I know. :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute, Cute stuff!! Great job! Hope your feeling better too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cuppies are all so cute. I really like your paper piecing

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all of your projects, but the cupcake treat holder is my favorite : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your projects are simply adorable!!! Can't wait to see the instructions for these!! Super cute.

    My favorite BD treat is cheesecake. Something I started when I was in college. I also love my mom's apple pie. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love all of these projects Melissa! The color combination is so fun and festive on the first one. I just adore how you used the large cupcake stamp to make that little treat holder and the cupcake holder box is just so sweet!

    I love them all! Thanks for some really great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Melissa, I ADORE the paper pieced balloon on the first card (that is my favorite thing to do with that set), I love the cupcake tote, but my absolute favorite project is the cupcake box. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, I love that cupcake treat holder! It is too cute! Now I want to eat a cupcake...

    ReplyDelete
  22. These make me wanna go get some cupcakes! Very cute projects.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the cupcake treat holder!

    My favorite birthday treat is Carvel ice cream cake. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Out of the cupcake ideas, my favorite one is the first card, I love the layout and color choices. My favorite birthday treat is the ice cream and as a kid it was to have a party at Farrell's......loved that drum if anyone remembers....

    ReplyDelete
  25. So cute!!! Love the cupcake box!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! Such wonderful projects Melissa! I love your bright and fun designs!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sondra a.k.a. bugwoman27 from MMM forumFebruary 20, 2010 at 10:08 PM

    My favorite birthday treat is the cake. But I am loving your cupcakes too. Very cute, and they do make such lovely cards. Thanks for sharing, I love looking at your stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. My fave b-day treat is my Mom's homemade birthday cake recipe plus a Starbucks cinnamon dolce latte!
    Smiles. Sheri L

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just love cupcakes. They're too fun! I also have the Birthday Thanks Cupcake and I might have to make treat bags for all the kiddos at my daughter's birthday party!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The little treat holder is just too cute! I love them all! And I just want to say thank you to all of you who give of your time for these blog hops. I do so enjoy them.
    As for my fav birhtday treat...why presents of course!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Adorable!!! I love the paper piecing on the card, and of course the cupcake holder. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow - love that cupcake box (project 2)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your projects! especially like the cupcake box. Can't wait to see the directions so I can make one too.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  34. You made me hungry Melissa! lol! Seriously they are all terrific projects and I esp. love the cupcake treat holder! So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow you did a super job!! My fav has to be the cupcake treat box. I haven't cared for that stamp, but you made it look sooooo cute!! The box to hold the cupcake is super cute too, but I really love the one made in the shape of the cupcake to hold the treats.
    Deb B.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love, love love the paper piecing--but that cupcake box is the star of the show! Girl, you are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fabulous projects! I love both of the cupcake boxes--so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your projects are fabulous. Thanks for sharing. I will have to remember the box for the cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love all your creations but using the "thank you" cupcake to make a treat holder is my favorite! I've seen that stamp but knew I'd never use it as a "thank you" but you've made me rethink that because it's such a cute stamp!
    Sandi Smith
    "Sassy"

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the cupcake box...it is my favorite. Although I love all the projects you created.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks for sharing!
    I love the Simply Birthday Thanks stamp set, so when I saw this little purse box, I fell in love!
    Thanks so much.
    I hope you will post details and directions for the cupcake holder! It is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great cupcake ideas! Must say desserts are my weakness, and my fav for birthdays is red velvet layered cake or cupcakes. Looking forward to the details.

    ReplyDelete
  43. What beautiful projects. I love all 3 and so impressive how you made those goodie boxes. While I have to agree with Lisa that the presents are a nice treat, a little Baskin Robbins Rocky Road ice cream adds just the right amount of sweetness to my birthdays. Great, great work, Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  44. LOVE your projects, Melissa! Paper piecing is my FAVE technique! Thanks so much for playing the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Copcakes are definitely a favorite of mine and your cuties definitely fill the bill! My favorite kind to eat is the cream cheese chocolate filled ones and I love eating them partially frozen! Wednesday just happens to be my Birthday! LOL CM2

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!