Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Flowers card

Hi!

Here is a quick card I demoed for my stamp club ladies earlier tonight...


I just love those new Sending Love Hugs notes!  They are so beautiful as your stamped focal piece, and the scallops are already done for you.  :)  They are made to coordinate with the Rectangle Glassine Envelopes (also in the Occasions Mini), but they also work wonderfully on your card.

I colored the stamp with Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Bermuda Bay, and Rich Razzleberry markers before stamping onto the Hugs note.  I attached it to the Old Olive cardstock with Stampin' Dimensionals.  Before attaching this piece to the card, I adhered some Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper.  I drew in some faux stitching lines with my Signo White Gel Pen.  It just adds a little something extra to the DSP!

Good night!  I hope to have my circle journal pages done soon to show to you.

Happy Birthday Flowers card:  Thoughts & Prayers and Well Scripted stamp sets; Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Pad; Kraft, Whisper White and Old Olive cardstock; Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper; Sending Love Hugs Notes; Rich Razzleberry, Bermuda Bay, Chocolate Chip, and Old Olive Stampin' Write markers; Scallop Trim Border punch; Whisper White organza ribbon; Signo White Gel Pen

8 comments:

  1. Melissa, this is fabulous! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa, beautiful card. Love that you made the stamp from the Thoughts & Prayers set so colorful (nature of the set keeps me miles from it, which I will have to rethink.) Great job and TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH this is so beautiful Melissa, you are so talented, I love the colors and the white ribbon with the white edge down below

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is gorgeous! You may have just convinced me to get some of those Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Melissa it turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and I know you've convinced me to get those Hugs notes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card - I want to come to your stamp classes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! What a great idea for these...I have them but have hardly used them!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!