Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Circle journal - 3 favorite book characters

Hi!  I finished my layout and sign-in book for Paula's circle journal.  Sorry it's a day late!  All of the pictures I used on my layout were found through Google.

Here are the two pages together:


And here is the first page by itself:


And the second:


I set my cutting mat behind the pages, which ended up making them better-focused when taking the pictures - yay!

If you've never read these books, I recommend them - especially the Shopaholic series if you're looking for some fun reading.  Kahlan Amnell is one of the main characters in the Sword of Truth series, which is a fantasy series that I had read since the beginning.  They made the first few books into a TV series that is currently on air called "Legend of the Seeker".  Long books, but I enjoyed them.  And yes, I did get into the Twilight saga.. I actually have not read the fourth book yet, as I'm waiting for the paperback edition.  My last favorite character is from the Shopaholic series.  The first book, Confessions of a Shopaholic, was made into a movie a while after I read all of books in the series.  The author, Sophie Kinsella, is very good at producing books with a nice light-hearted feel.. one of those feel-good books. :)

I don't yet have an alphabet stamp set with small enough letters, so I created part of the title in SU's My Digital Studio ("my 3 favorite") and printed it.  "My" and "favorite" are from the Just Perfect Alphabet stamp set, and the "3" is from the Schoolbook Serif Numbers stamp set (resized to fit my title).  I then used the "real" stamp set Calendar Alphabet & Numbers to stamp "book characters" in Soft Suede ink.  The "stitching" is a rub-on from A Perfect Day rub-ons (retired).

3 favorite book characters layout supplies:
Stamps:  Great Friend, Just Perfect Alphabet (MDS), Schoolbook Serif Numbers (MDS), Calendar Alphabet & Numbers
Ink:  Taken with Teal and Old Olive (MDS), Old Olive, Soft Suede and Rose Red Classic ink, Chocolate Chip wheel cartridge
Paper:  Going Gray, Whisper White, Kraft, and Chocolate Chip cardstock, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper pad, The Write Stuff Specialty Designer Series Paper
Accessories/Tools:  Rose Red and Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write markers, Always in Bloom wheel, Linen Thread, A Perfect Day Rub-ons (retired)

And here's my book for Paula's sign-in page...


I free-hand drew the book!  I was pretty proud of myself, haha.  There's a little piece of printer paper for the "pages", and I lightly drew lines with a pencil to make it look more like there were pages there, smudging the lines a little.  What do you think?


Sign-in book tag supplies:
Paper:  Kraft cardstock, printer paper
Accessories/Tools:  Taken with Teal Stampin' Write marker, Basic Black Stampin' Write Journaler, pencil

Hope you like them, Paula!

7 comments:

  1. Melissa! How cute! I love how you made your pages and didn't realize Confessions of a Shopaholic was a book let alone a series!
    The sign in book you made is just too cute! You should be proud of yourself!
    You rocked this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on these pages - and I am so impressed that all of you are so committed to this project! My friends and I would think it was a fabulous idea, sit down and plan everything out, and then digress into drinking wine and making excuses as to why our pages weren't done. What an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I love it!! You did wonderful. Oh yes, while I haven't read the books, I am familiar with Craig Horner ;) What great choices. I never knew that confessions was a book first. I am learning some great things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow! You drew that sign-in book? Great job!!! Your pages are just super duper as well. I love Kahlan too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So the true artist comes out to play... No wonder your stuff is all so amazing! Terrific pages and wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work and amazing job on your sign-in book!
    WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this is a wonderful layout and the books, love them and love the movies, I think we need to have a crop and read get together!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!