Monday, February 1, 2010

Love Helps card

Good evening!

The snow is beginning to melt here, although I had quite a time this morning helping Seth get the snow and layers of ice off our car.  We are lucky though to have gotten mostly snow, with some of the ice.

I stayed inside most of the day and did some things around the house, as well as made a card.  There's another Featured Stamper challenge up at Stampin' Connection, our demo site, featuring the beautiful work of Mary Brown.  Here's her original card:


Isn't it pretty?  I love looking at her gallery, and I just adore her color combos.

Here's my version:


As you can see, I changed the color combo, the Designer Series Paper, and the stamps.  I tried a little faux stitching as well with my paper piercing tool and Rose Red marker.

Remember that through February 28th, $2 from each I {Heart} Hearts stamp set sold will be donated to the American Red Cross’ Haiti Relief and Development Fund!  It is a beautiful set, and such a wonderful cause.

Love Helps card:  I {Heart} Hearts and Vintage Vogue stamp sets; Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, So Saffron, and Rose Red Classic Stampin' Pads; Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Old Olive, and Rose Red cardstock; Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper pad; Whisper White satin ribbon; Rose Red Stampin' Write marker; Small Heart punch, 1-3/4" Circle punch; 1-3/8" Circle punch, Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack

3 comments:

  1. I prefer yours, Melissa. So sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your's better. Perfect for Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Melissa! I love the stitching. TFS!

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!