Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Circle journal - 4 must-have items while traveling

Hello!

Here is my layout for Kathi's circle journal, highlighting my 4 must-have items when traveling:


I need to figure out the best way for me to photograph scrapbook layouts, because I just feel like the picture could be better!  It was necessary for me to shoot them together though, since I "crossed the crack" between the pages with a photo.  Kathi, I promise it looks better in person. :)

Scrapbook layout supplies (8x8):
Stamps:  Taffy Alphabet, Medallion, Totally Tabs, and Vintage Labels
Ink:  Soft Suede, Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, and Pumpkin Pie, VersaMark
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Soft Suede, Kraft, Old Olive, and Whisper White cardstock, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper pad, die-cut from The Write Stuff Specialty Designer Series Paper pack
Accessories/Tools:  Scallop Trim Border, Scallop Circle and Round Tab punches, Pumpkin Pie 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, clip from Clips Assortment, white embossing powder, and Soft Suede, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, and Bermuda Bay Stampin' Write markers

Kathi requested that we make a piece of luggage as our sign-in tag for her circle journal, so here's mine:


A lot of you will recognize the photo, since I use it as my avatar. :)  It was taken on top of a mountain we hiked up in Salt Lake City a couple of summers ago.  I created the... "straps", I guess? ... with the Modern Label punch and Antique Brass Brads from the Vintage Brad pack.  Of course, I had to include my little butterflies!  I'm not sure if you can see it very well, but I stamped the postmark image from Winter Post in VersaMark.

Luggage Tag supplies:
Stamps:  Winter Post
Ink:  VersaMark, Soft Suede
Paper:  Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Whisper White, Kraft, and Bermuda Bay cardstock
Accessories/Tools:  Modern Label punch, Antique Brass brads (Vintage Brads), Linen Thread, Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, Basic Black Stampin' Write Journaler, Paper Piercing Tool, Stampin' Sponge

Hope you like my contribution, Kathi!  :)

5 comments:

  1. Ahh, Melissa - this is beautiful. I clicked on the photo and it enlarged enough to see all the details. I love that you've used a bunch of new SU! products. Super work, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is great, Melissa! Beautiful layout and your luggage is so cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ingenious idea for the luggage straps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great lay out Melissa! Love your colors. This is wondeful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colors Melissa. Love the luggage tag. And the picture, perfect, and what a wonderful time you must of had!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!