Thursday, February 4, 2010

PPA28 - Emerging Medallion

Hello!

I explored a new (well, to me) technique today called Emerging Color/Emboss Resist.  The Medallion stamp is just perfect for this technique, and I had to try it out after seeing Mary Brown's gorgeous card with it.  I used the colors for this week's Pals Paper Arts Challenge: Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, and Basic Black.


How pretty is that?  First I inked up my Medallion stamp using VersaMark, then stamped on a sheet from the Welcome Neighbor Designer Series Paper pad, embossing with clear powder.  I then rolled Melon Mambo ink with my brayer over the sheet until it was as dark as I wanted it.  Next, I wiped the Medallion with towel - when you do this, the DSP just "emerges", and you can see the Pretty in Pink patterned paper through the embossed Medallion.  The card was finished off with a sentiment from the Whimsical Words stamp set, and a heart punched with the Small Heart punch.

I just love this technique.  I already have some more ideas for it!

Thanks for visiting!

Emerging Medallion card:  Medallion stamp and Whimsical Words stamp set; Melon Mambo Classic Stampin' Pad; Jet Black StazOn ink; VersaMark ink; Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Basic Black, and Pretty in Pink cardstock; Welcome Neighbor Designer Series Paper pad; Scallop Oval, Large Oval and Small Heart punches; Whisper White satin ribbon; clear embossing powder; brayer

14 comments:

  1. another gorgeous card! love it and must try this, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is really pretty. I have yet to try that technique, but must do it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! I want to try that technique, now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! What a gorgeous card! I'm going to give this technique a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Pretty card! The technique you used is perfect for this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous - thanks for explaining that technique! So glad you play @PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card and great stamp choice for this technique. I'm inspired! Gotta love that Medallion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect demonstration of this technique! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love finding new techniques to try! I'm new to stamping and embossing, I'm gonna have to try this one really soon. TFS Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, Melissa! Love this technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, I just love this card and they way the DSP shows through.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your technique! Very unique look with the striped DSP!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Fantastic technique and fantastic card! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!