Sunday, February 7, 2010

ColourQ Challenge #18 - Love Birds

Good morning!

I was having a little trouble figuring out what I wanted to do with the colors in Arielle's colourQ challenge this week, but I finally came up with something!  Here are the colors:


And here's my card:


Baja Breeze was one of my favorite In Colors from last year.  Doesn't the side piece look like Baja Breeze?  It's actually from the new Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper pad!  (Psst.. Baja Breeze and the other In Colors from last year are available in My Digital Studio!)

I paper-pieced the birds on DSP from the Welcome Neighbor pad, and the beaks were colored in with So Saffron and a Blender Pen.  The hearts on the side were stamped with VersaMark and heat-embossed with white embossing powder.

Well, there was my go at it.  You should play along!  :)  

By the way, I'm going to try something different with the "ingredients" list, to help with ease of reading.  Have a great Sunday!

Love Birds card:
Stamps:  Love You Much, Short & Sweet
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, Melon Mambo Classic Stampin' Pad, VersaMark
Paper:  Melon Mambo, Whisper White and Old Olive cardstock, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper pad, Welcome Neighbor Designer Series Paper pad
Accessories/Tools:  Whisper White taffeta ribbon, Vintage Brads, White Embossing Powder, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Pinking Hearts Border, Small Heart, Modern Label, and Word Window punches

2 comments:

  1. I love this color scheme. That pink is so happy. Beautiful touch with the heart border, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute - love those littel birds & great job with the colourQ challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!