Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy birthday, Stampin' Addicts!

Hello!

So I hope you enjoyed the Birthday Blog Hop this past weekend!  I created this card in honor of Stampin' Addicts' first birthday, using a little help from Mojo Monday's sketch and colourQ's color combo this week...


Arielle's color picks were Melon Mambo, Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, and Green Galore.  Green Galore is definitely a color I don't use very much!  I balanced out these bright colors with Basic Black and Whisper White, and my card measures 4-1/4" square.  To create the focal point, I stamped the turtle from Fox & Friends in Green Galore, then added a little cupcake on top of his shell from Crazy for Cupcakes.  The Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set has a pedestal with several cupcakes on it, but I simply stamped and cut one out.  I then colored in the cupcake using the ink pads and Blender Pen.  Too cute!

If you haven't checked out Stampin' Addicts yet, you really should!  It is a positive community for stampers, centered around Stampin' Up!.  Feel free to give me a shout-out over there.. my username is simply Melissa!

See you later!

SA Birthday Card supplies:
Stamps:  Fox & Friends, Crazy for Cupcakes, Vintage Labels
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, Regal Rose, Green Galore, Melon Mambo
Paper:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Regal Rose, and Green Galore cardstock, Welcome Neighbor Designer Series Paper pad
Accessories/Tools:  Blender Pen, Basic Black Stampin' Write Journaler, Whisper White taffeta ribbon, Vintage Brads, Scallop Circle punch

4 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I love the turtle with the cupcake on his back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the colors! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY like this Melissa! I love your hand drawn border around the edge and the way you angled the dsp under the turtle - not to mention the cupcake on his back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that turtle on the cupcake and the colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!